We’re looking for pupils aged 5-8 to create portraits to acknowledge the unsung people in their communities, and post them to us. We firmly believe teachers are a national treasure, and want to celebrate people like you within our communities; teachers, doctors, local shop owners, parents - anyone who a child feels has a positive impact on their daily lives.
Each portrait received will have the chance to be displayed in your local John Lewis summer window. Every portrait will also be entered into a prize draw to win one of 30 individual and school prizes.
Each individual winner will receive an art box and a framed certificate with their school also winning a signed and framed artist print and a tea party kit for the whole school to enjoy. See the Terms and Conditions for full prize details.
- Individual pupils aged between 5-8 years old can enter (schools can enter multiple entries)
- Pupils can submit their entries via drawn or painted artwork and must use the official A4 portrait frame template
- Each pupil must label the back of their entry with their first name only, age, school name and share with us a short description why that person is special to them
- To be valid, entries must arrive at the postal address by
23:59 on Friday 19 May 2017.
Download the Terms and Conditions in the pack below for full details.
Entries must be posted to:
Bringing Skills to Life, c/o Hopscotch Consulting, 328/9 Metal Box Factory, 30 Great Guildford Street, London, SE1 0HS
Why not share these top tips from John Lewis Partner Emily Bonner, Designer Visual Merchandiser, with your pupils to spark their innate creativity:
- Splash out on colour; think big, bright and bold
- Suggest pupils try not to overthink the detail; make the most of strong and striking shapes
- Encourage pupils to fill in the background as the finishing touch, to help their portraits ‘pop’.
Got a question?
Don't hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this prize draw.
To get started
Simply download the Picture someone special pack below. It includes everything you'll need to take part:
- Official A4 portrait frame template
- Teacher overview and suggestions for running this activity with your class
- Terms and Conditions