We’re looking for pupils aged 5-8 to create portraits to acknowledge the unsung people in their communities, and post them to us. We firmly believe teachers are a national treasure, and want to celebrate people like you within our communities; teachers, doctors, local shop owners, parents - anyone who a child feels has a positive impact on their daily lives.
Each portrait received will have the chance to be displayed in your local John Lewis summer window. Every portrait will also be entered into a prize draw to win one of 30 individual and school prizes.
Each individual winner will receive an art box and a framed certificate with their school also winning a signed and framed artist print and a tea party kit for the whole school to enjoy. See the Terms and Conditions for full prize details.
- Individual pupils aged between 5-8 years old can enter (schools can enter multiple entries)
- Pupils can submit their entries via drawn or painted artwork and must use the official A4 portrait frame template
- Each pupil must label the back of their entry with their first name only, age, school name and share with us a short description why that person is special to them
- To be valid, entries must arrive at the postal address by
23:59 on Friday 19 May 2017.
Download the Terms and Conditions in the pack below for full details.
Entries must be posted to:
Bringing Skills to Life, c/o Hopscotch Consulting, 328/9 Metal Box Factory, 30 Great Guildford Street, London, SE1 0HS
Got a question?
Don't hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this prize draw.
To get started
Simply download the Picture someone special pack below. It includes everything you'll need to take part:
- Official A4 portrait frame template
- Teacher overview and suggestions for running this activity with your class
- Terms and Conditions